Linear garage door openers are one of the most popular brands available today. They can easily be programmed with your favorite access number so they open and close with a remote control. This remote control will have a special code that links to the opener once you program it. You can program several remotes with the same code, so all of them will work. There are some specific steps that you need to follow when programming it and here are the steps in an easy to follow format.
1. Choose a one to six number pass code and write it down. This will also be the pass code you will use if you want to unlock the door. Since there are only 15 seconds to enter the code, writing it down will help ensure you get the code programmed in time.
2. Locate the “Learn” button on the housing of your Linear garage doors opener. The operator control housing will be mounted on the wall.
3. Punch in the numbers on the keypad of your pre-designated pass code. Once you have entered the code, press the “start/stop” button. A light on the control unit that is attached to the ceiling will blink once to let you know that the keypad is now programmed.
4. Now, you can test the code. Close the garage door and enter in your pass code. The code was entered successfully if the door opens. However, if it does not open, then you will need to repeat the above steps until it does.
5. To program your remotes, you will need to activate the programming mode, or the “Learn” button, which can be found on the operator control housing of the garage door opener.
6. Press that button on your remote control. The light for the motor control unit will blink one time.
7. Test the newly programmed remote and see if it will control the door. If not, then you will need to repeat steps 5 and 6.
8. If you need to program any additional remotes, you will need to follow the same procedure. However, you will have to program each one separately.
The nice part is that you can reprogram the Linear garage doors opener at any time you wish. You may want to do so if you lose a remote, or if you have someone that has one that you no longer want to have access to your home. This is one of the great features for Linear garage doors openers.